It’s not often you find someone who’s laid out a list of rules/guidelines on how to live (what I believe) is a great life. There are a number of interesting points in the license agreement for Eugene Blanchard’s 2007 textbook Introduction to Data Communications. I am not sure there are many books out there with such a great outlook on how to live your life!
- That you will try to be a better person today than yesterday.
- That you will exercise your body as well as your mind.
- That you will tell the persons dear to you that you love them.
- That you will defend the rights of those who are unable to defend themselves.
- That you will not hurt your family members emotionally or physically.
- That you will respect your elders and care for them in time of need.
- That you will respect the rights of others in their religious beliefs.
- That you will respect the rights of others in their sexual orientation.
- That every man, woman and child has the right to be here and is equal regardless of race, creed or color.
- That you will act honorably in all aspects of your personal and business life.
- That your family is first and foremost the most important thing in your life.
- That when you make a mistake, that you admit it and make amends.
This book is available online in the hope it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
I resonate with almost all of them – Which ones do you believe in? Which 1 (one) would you choose to work on for the rest of 2011?